Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pine Trees Overlooking River Otter

"Pine Trees Overlooking River Otter"**   Pastel    8" x 10"

Been a while since I used Pastel and must say it was loads of fun today.   Scene above iconic for me and my cousins.  Budleigh Salterton, which is where the River Otter opens into the sea, was site of their family home and I was there at, virtually, birth!   There's a photo of pudgy me at about 10 months on the beach with these (same?) pines in the background.   According to my mother, that day she and her sister, Jean, dipped my feet in the Otter/sea water mix so you might almost say this is where I was christened!

Means a lot this does.    And that thing in the sky to the left is, I believe, a buzzard.  It was in the photo.  I know it looks more like a seagull but it's not.

Enjoy

.
**Original Photo
© Copyright Sarah Charlesworth and licensed for reuse under Creative Commons Licence.


No comments: