Tuesday, January 18, 2011

JESSIE & (coming soon) KARINA

Pastel 16"x18"

A WIP, obviously!   And a mother and daughter portrait - !

Stepping into the unknown with more radical colors.   Reference is from a group shot.  Karina is mother of Jessie and you can see their affection for each other from the way their faces are pressed together!


Will take a few more days to wrap my head around finishing it.   Must keep style uniform, faces on target...and DON'T MESS UP, LIZ!


My "wall" below gives you an idea of relative size.
The black/white photo of a clock tower is 8"x10", and Jessie is on paper 18"x24":  Jessie's up a) for the photo and b) so I can lock down what comes next (!);  and the finished work is there so I can relax and enjoy before they're packed away.  

You can see TWO Jessies below. 
The one on far right is a pencil sketch about 9"x9"




[Viewing on email?  LINK here to go to Blog]



1 comment:

Bungeegal said...

Wow, wow, wow! That's my Jessie girl!!! I'm so excited and impressed; you're magnificent at capturing the heart and soul of animals! LOVE IT LIZ, can't wait to see the finished portrait! Thanks so much!