Monday, April 23, 2012

Jess and Karina

 Jessie & Karina         pastel              16" x 18"

This week I learned that dear much loved Karina had crossed the rainbow bridge.   Half this portrait - Jessie only - was posted on January 18, 2011;  Karina's space was just a faint sketch and a note "coming soon".  

My life took some abrupt turns and the portrait slid into a portfolio and waited.  Last night when I heard the news, I took it out - and this morning Karina joined Jess.   So now they're finally together, if only on paper.  Both are Siberian Huskies, Jess with a red coat and Karina a grey.

Below is the photo, their two heads glued together.   I hope the above does them justice.   Laurie, their "parent", lives in California - the original should arrive there sometime soon.   I hope it gives her good memories of her best beloved Karina, and the bond between her and Jess.


Enjoy

3 comments:

Grammy said...

You've captured them very well Liz, especially Jess's stunning blue eyes.

Anonymous said...

Stunning and beautiful, thank you for this beautiful portrait that I will cherish for all of my days and this fine tribute to my girl, Karina--so blessed to have you as my friend Liz!
love,
Laurie

Anonymous said...

That's really wonderful -- I can't believe you did this for Laurie! Thank you so much.
~ Laurie's sister, Diana